Thursday 9 February 2012

The First swim in Africa

Two Saturdays ago I had my first swim Gala. Swimming is pretty much a universal sport with 4 standard strokes. Front crawl(free style) breaststroke(my best:p) butterfly(my favorite :)) and backstroke(I. Hate. Backstroke.) In the meet, I swam 7 events. Now back home I could not swim the same races i did on Saturday. Because of the distance of the races. Back home 13 is the oldest age you can swim 50 meter races. But here anyone can swim 50 meters. These are short races, but they still hurt when you have 4 of them plus 3 longer ones. I also swam 200 meter IM, 100 breast, and 100 meter free.

God blessed me by giving me some very good races:) I don't have the times I had back home, but I still did well. Nationals are coming up the 24th, 25th, and the 26th of February. I am very excited getting to travel back to Nairobi. And getting to swim with the best kids in the country!!! God has blessed me so much through this swim team. I hope to be light for Him through all of this so keep me in your prayers because of my big head. For those of you who know me, I do have one sometimes.  Im so excited to be swimming again, swimming is such a great sport. I'm thanking God for letting me be, A Swimmer in Africa.

Just a quick update from Stevey weavey :)

Wishing all of you where here to experience this amazing gift God has given me by letting me come to Africa!

Go MAMBA'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Which one of these is me (No one can find me) ;P

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you as you continue to swim. Praying for you... and your whole family!

    You're right, I'm having trouble picking you out from the rest of the swimmers ;-)

    Go Stephen!

    ReplyDelete